Registration for the 2017-18 School Year
Visit the 2017-18 registration page for information on enrolling during the current school year.
Registration for the 2018-19 School Year
In February 2017, the Laveen Elementary School District Governing Board approved opening all school boundaries for the 2017-18 school year. Visit our Open Boundaries page for details.
The Laveen Elementary School District has one attendance boundary to serve all of its eight schools — the district boundary. Students may now attend any Laveen school of their choice. Paseo Pointe School and Vista del Sur Accelerated Academy have additional enrollment requirements.
Registering your child
Families enrolling their child for the upcoming school year should return a registration packet before April 20, 2018 to their first-choice school. Within the packet you will be asked to select your top three school choices in order of preference. Packets are available online (below) and in our schools’ front offices. Along with your completed registration packet, you will need to bring the following documents to complete your child’s registration:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of Residence, such as utility receipt or lease agreement (refer to Arizona Residency Guidelines)
- Legal papers, if applicable for custody
- Withdrawal form and report card from previous school
- Photo identification for parent/guardian.
Packets returned before April 20 will be processed first. Placement decisions will be made in May.
Registration packets will be accepted after the April 20 date, but will be processed at a later time.
Placement is subject to available space and is based on the following priorities:
- Students enrolled the previous school year
- Siblings of students enrolled
- Students living within the walk or transportation zones of the school
- Children of employees
- Students living within the district boundary and not included in any of the above categories
- Students living outside the district boundary and not included in any of the above categories
Families that live outside of the Laveen District boundaries (non-resident) may also apply for open enrollment to a Laveen school of their choice. The process for registering is the same as above for non-resident families. The following guidelines also apply.
- Mid-year applications are accepted each year until May 1 of the current school year
- Enrollment is based on available space.
- Ten days after school begins, the parent or legal guardian will be notified in writing as to whether the application has been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list.
- The parent or legal guardian of the student is responsible for the student’s transportation.
- Providing false information on the open enrollment form may result in the application being revoked.
Enrolling at Paseo Pointe or Vista del Sur
Paseo Pointe is a dual language immersion (DLI) school. Students entering preschool, kindergarten, and first grade during the 2018-19 school year must qualify for and enroll in the DLI program. The program will roll up a grade level each year until the school is 100% through the eighth grade.
Vista del Sur is an accelerated school. As such, students must take an assessment prior to enrolling. Vista has its own enrollment schedule. Call 602-237-3046 for details.
Students Entering Kindergarten
Children must be five years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to register. Children turning five after August 31, but by December 31, may be evaluated for early entrance in May.
Students with Special Needs
Please view our Special Education page for information on children with special needs.
Choosing a School
Each Laveen school offers a signature program. To read about what each school offers, visit our Signature Programs page. You may also schedule a tour of the school. Please call the school of your choice for details.